Write a Review
(Your name and image will not be shown)
Recognition of prior learning (RPL report) is an assessment method to honour talent, which did not get the opportunity to acquire or complete formal training. RPL provides value to education as an outcome, rather than as a process.
Experts from a specific field called RPL facilitators are appointed to counsel the candidates and examine their skills acquired, by informal training methods. If the candidate gets qualified, he can get access to training courses and chances of migration in different classes for a bright career.
Many countries feel there is hidden talent especially in economically deprived sectors, which should get a chance to shine. RPL is a programme undertaken by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in India. India is one country with significant class divisions. Many children are forced to leave schools as they are put under pressure to earn. Although such kids do not gain a formal education, they can learn from their workplaces. Many college dropouts have performed well in professional life due to their knowledge-seeking potential.
RPL, a formalized process:
RPL Report formatters a highly systematic and structured assessment process. The method of RPL assessment follows these five simple steps:
1. Mobilisation: The candidates are mobilized to get access to employees who want to recruit them. The process is conducted at RPL camps or training centres.
2. Counselling and pre-screening: Applicants are provided consultancy regarding the importance of assessment procedure.
3. Orientation: Full guidance about RPL assessment is offered to applicants, to enable them to qualify the test with their skills.
4. Assessment: Finally the candidates are assessed according to NSQF regulations.
5. Certifications: Results are notified to the applicants. Qualifiers of the test are entitled to receive skill certificates and cash awards.